The first event in the 2015 Sunday League series was to have taken place at Talkin
Tarn. However ....... the weather was against us and it was cancelled. It was rerun
on Sunday 20 September 2015. This event was a skills head in sweep boats.
The course map is on the right. Skills comprised:
1. 10 alternate blade slaps *
2. 360 spin on the spot
3. Row round and back onto a buoy. Then hold for 5 seconds.
4. Emergency stop followed by 10 rigger dips.
5. Outside arm only (inside arm on your head) square blades to the finish.
* Whole crew have their blades in their laps so the spoons are in the air. The crew
rocks the boat so that the spoons on one side slap the water, then they rock the
other way so the other side hits etc all whilst keeping hands/handles in their laps.
Below is the draw for the rearranged event on 20 September 2015 and then the results.
Finish order and combined times from Talkin Tarn -
1st: Up Tyne Funk (TYN) with 11:34 - 4 points
2nd: Weary Old Gits (CLS) with 13:04 - 3 points
3rd: Somewhat WReck (TEE) with 13:06 - 2 points
4th: Tynetanic (TYN) with 13:15 (now on half points) - 0.5 points